WELCOME TO THE IOWA MUSIC TEACHERS ASSOCIATION WEBSITE
IMTA BOARD MEETING, Please save the date for our Winter IMTA state board meeting on Saturday, January 8, 2022, 1:00 p.m. This will be a hybrid meeting. In-person at Iowa State University, Simon Estes Music Hall, room 125 (2427 Union Drive, Ames) or you may join us via Zoom. firstname.lastname@example.org -President Dr. Janci Bronson, NCTM
- 2021 IMTA Winter Magazine articles due Wednesday, December 1, 2021: Please submit via Word or in the body of your email. Please do not send via google docs.
- Please submit to:email@example.com
- If you wish to obtain an extra copy of the magazine, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please act early as there are limited printed copies.
IMTA/MTNA & LOCAL DUES
- IMTA/MTNA Dues deadline is July 1 for all renewing members. A grace period is offered between the time statements are issued at the end of April until September 1. *Student members must be paid by October 1, 2021. All other members are in good standing provided they have paid before September 1. New MTNA/IMTA members may pay at any time the first year and are offered a half-price membership after January 1. If you are a new member and wish to take part in IMTA student activities the first year, you must be paid by October 1.
- *Any student member wishing to enter their students in IMTA competitive or non-competitive events must pay full IMTA and MTNA membership, due July 1, no later than September 1. (Effective immediately as of April 6, 2019 Board meeting.) Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The 2021-2022 Repertoire list is posted. Please log in to search for any updated items under the repertoire link. Please submit any questions, additions, or errors you might find to email@example.com
Please support our sponsors by checking out the advertisers at the bottom of the home page. Many of them have clickable links to their businesses and/or schools. If you have students or parents who are researching music programs or summer camps in Iowa schools, please encourage them to explore those links. Teachers- you now have many quick links to order music supplies. Show them your appreciation of their partnership with IMTA!
- Winner: Helen Mao, Teacher: Dr. Mei-Hsuan Huang
- Alternate: Kento Sugiyama, Teachers: Feilin Lin Murray/Dr. Jack Winerock
- Honorable Mentions: Hannah Cotran, Teacher: Cyndie Caruth
- Ellen Eichstedt, Teacher: Cyndie Caruth
- Chloe Liang, Teacher: Cyndie Caruth
- Winner: Tai Caputo, Violin, Teacher: Joshua Palazzolo
- Alternate: Keira Cromwell, Cello, Teacher: Laura Shaw
- Representative: Grace Veit, Oboe, Teacher: David Garner
- Winner: Ryan Holt, Teacher: Dr. Xiao Hu
- Alternate: Jonathan Chen, Teachers: Feilin Lin Murray/Dr. Jack Winerock
- Honorable Mention: Preston Atkins, Teacher: Dr. Suzanne Torkelson
- Winner: Preston Atkins, Bassoon, Teacher: Martin Kuuskmann
- Alternate: Lucy Gannon, Flute, Teacher: Leslie Marrs
- Honorable Mention: Anthea Cheng, Teacher: Kimberly Helton
YOUNG ARTIST PIANO
- Representative: Jason Lee, Teacher: Dr. Rene Lecuona
YOUNG ARTIST VOICE
- Winner: Molly McConough, Soprano, Teacher: Dr. Leanne Freeman-Miller
- Alternate: Halle Fish, Soprano, Teacher: Dr. Leanne Freeman-Miller
- Honorable Mentions: Jordan McCready, Soprano, Teacher: Dr. Leanne Freeman-Miller
- Abigail Boeschen, Soprano, Teacher: Dr. Leanne Freeman-Miller
- Mikayla Liu, Soprano, Teacher: Stephen Swanson
YOUNG ARTIST WOODWIND
- Winner: Jonathan Hart, Saxophone, Teacher: Dr. Kenneth Tse
- Alternate: Lingxiao Li, Saxophone, Teacher: Dr. Kenneth Tse
- Honorable Mentions: Matthew Nicholson, Saxophone, Teacher: Dr. Kenneth Tse
- Matthew Borah, Saxophone, Teacher: Dr. Kenneth Tse
- Ruiqian Zhang, Saxophone, Teacher: Dr. Kenneth Tse
Diane Smith, NCTM, Iowa MTNA Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT BECOMING A MEMBER of IMTA/MTNA?
Contact Rachel McCoy, NCTM, mentor chair: email@example.com
or Joan Hopkins, NCTM membership chair: firstname.lastname@example.org